Monday, May 31, 2010

Learnings in Week 1

Looking back over the past week, there are a couple of key take aways for me:
  • Non-hodgkin's lymphoma is significant and treatable
  • We have amazing family and friends who love and support us very much
  • Insurance - two words "get it", two types "income protection and TRAUMA"
  • "Hold your line" it's a bikers' saying from my harley riding days.  Basically its about choosing a path and holding that path assertively.  In life, I think this is true for helping relieve worry and stress from those around me, my immediate family see my confidence and reflect this back -particularly Jessica and Brookie
  • Don't take it too seriously! Cancer is serious, and I'm happy for the Drs to do the serious stuff, laughing helps take the edge off (and so does a few G&T's I might add,,,,)

No comments: