Monday, August 16, 2010

Energy low, but spirits are SOARING!

Saturday morning started with a "drive of the porcelain bus" - my first and last chemo induced vomit!  I've can say I have had the entire chemo experience now.  Quickly downed the anti-nausea tablet, the 4 prednisone tablets, one fluconazole, one nexium tablet - then 2 peanut butter and jam toasted sandwichs and a coffee and didn't get out of bed for a while!

Energy levels were low most of saturday but I did OK.  Jessica had a sleep over at her cousin's house which left GT and I with the very cute Brookie, who lapped up the "no competition" attention. 

Special thanks to Marion, nurse who works at the Day Surgery for returning "wilma" to me safely - Marion borrowed "wilma" (short red wig) to take to her hairdresser for a colour matching session - she decided she didn't want to be blonde anymore and really liked the colour of my red wig. So in exchange, she gave me my LAST Nulaster needle - for white blood cell regeneration.

Saturday afternoon quietly slipped into saturday night and I/we relaxed.

Sunday was another quite day, starting with another handful of pills for breakfast with another peanut butter and jam toasted sandwich and coffee, and a late start.

Monday was another quite day, starting with another handful of pills for breakfast with another peanut butter and jam toasted sandwich and coffee, and a late start.

So here I sit Monday afternoon, feeling tired but in high spirits and on top of the world, NO MORE CHEMO for ME!

No comments: