Thursday, July 14, 2011

Getting better slowly ,,,,,,

So the virus I have (apparently the common cold) has put a halt to any further treatment for me until I can show two "negative" nasal swabs in a row.

They threw everything at me when I was in hospital - 2 blood transfusions, a bag of platelets, some other human by-product, antibiotics, antivirals, drugs, and more drugs!

I do feel I'm slowly getting better every day, however am keeping myself in quarantine just to be on the safe side.

Stem cell transplant is planned to begin 29th July, and I'll be admitted to hospital day -2, which is about the 2nd of August.  Not really looking forward to another 3-4 weeks in RNSH, but - you gotta be in it to win it.

Off to RNSH tomorrow for my first nasal swab - here's praying it's gonna be my first negative!

3 comments:

Jacinta said...

Common cold! And you guys have been so careful! At least it's not manflu. Then you would really be in trouble!

Anonymous said...

Geez, seems you qualify for everything, even ladyflu. I'm off to Turkey for the week - business - but will be back in touch the week after. Keep on soaring! Insert smiley here. SOAR

Jo said...

Seems if a Dr can't swab one passage,they'll swab another!