Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Finally in,,,,

It was a rush to get here this morning, but we made it for 9am PICC insertion.

See photo, my bicep is in there somewhere. There is a 45cm tube inserted into a vein that is pushed via the armpit into a main artery near my heart somewhere.

Got to 12D around 1pm and only in the last hour was my room ready. There was a steady flow of hospital staff visits while I waited, including the Boss Man (Dr Will) to keep me occupied.  GT was patiently waiting with me, and thanks to dad, elaine and patty for visiting before their big trip to Russia/Scandinavia and to poppy-jack, vicki and jack snr for their visit on Saturday before their big trip to Croatia. 

As per the photos above, I have lucked out again and gotten myself a single room ,,, with my OWN bathroom! (I must sound like a complete princess. I'm not usually, however past experiences have made me very "potty shy"!) Check out the brown tiles?

You will also see, I have computer and internet all sorted, even got my own beer fridge - GT's gonna be happy with that, and the floor to ceiling "mirror" would be "fun" except for the fact that it is only reflective tint on a window! 

1 comment:

kats said...

Congratulations on the baptism. It is just amazing how the girls grow up quickly!

Big day tomorrow. We pray.