Friday, July 16, 2010

Four DOWN, and home relaxing

Meeting with Dr H was short and V sweet.  Comparison of the first cat scan with the one done after 3 chemo sessions shows a massive shrinkage.  Dr Harris made the comment that the first lesion was the same size as being 20 WEEKS pregnant! bloody hell!  Now the lesion size is probably smaller than a fist. Yippee!

She was very pleased with the progress, as am I.  There have been no complications which is great. Still some lesion to go, so the chemo treatment will be finished and radiotherapy will be decided upon at that point.

After my meeting with Dr H it was off to the juice-bar for some fluro-orange.  The girls knew I had arrived today - as the caramel-chocolate slice was spotted early on the morning tea room table! Thanks again to Veronica making this for me! I did attempt making the slice last weekend and it ended up in the bin ,,,,, there really is a knack! Anyway - all went OK, canula was in first go and the drugs got pumped in quickly. 

 


Not feeling 100% after today's session of chemo. It has affected me differently again! So I'm taking it easy and will leverage all the anti-drugs necessary to ensure I remain on top of things.

I have a breakfast date tomorrow, can't miss that!

4 comments:

Gloria said...

Sending Mortensen love Good job Michele Your getting the job done

Elaine said...

Great news Michele
Love Elaine

Bert Pruim said...

all on track.
good to hear.
keep on slaying.
x Bert

Sam said...

Hi lovely girl, glad to read that all is going nicely. Good job on the scan results - looks like that lesion is well and truly on its way out!!! Yehah!

Got your SMS - will check the diary and see what I can do. To say things at this end are manic would be an understatement!

Thinking of you daily and missing the daily blog updates - where have you been? Clearly too busy for blogging!

Love, hugs & kisses,

Sammy x