Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day One of the Second Beginning of the END!

Things were a little unorganised at the clinic this morning after the long weekend , however once seated it all started to fall into place.

GT - my right hand man!

Waiting for the next round!

I had my secret "anti-anxiety nausea" tablet, because I was starting to feel sick in the stomach before anything had started.

Finally my drugs had arrived, the canula was in and the pumping machine was off and running.  I had started to settle in then after about 10 minutes, I started to feel funny - eye's were really itchy, feeling hot, rednees of the face, dizziness, shortness of breath, unable to breath through the nose and my ear drums were bulging outwards with my increased heart rate (very bizzare feeling!)  Yep, allergic reaction to the E in Rice (the Etoposide).

In rolls the big Kahuna (Dr H), the anti-allergy drugs are pumped into the line, the oxygen bottle is rolled up and I take oxygen to help with the breathing ,,,, and finally after a flutter of nervous activity for about 10 mins or so,  thankfully things settled down.  A relief to all the other patient "onlookers" as well I could imagine!

The best part was I got rolled out to the "bridal suite" and got to have a room and bed to myself, and have a little sleep for a few hours while the worked out what to do next and continued to pump Mabthera into me.

SO - what next? New drug regimen - called DHAC.

A two day chemo treatment with 21 days rest.

Dexamethasone (DH) is a steriod and a huge part of the treatment
Cytarabine (A)
Carboplatin (C)

Tommorrow off the the juice-bar again for another go.  Can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi lovely girl, was thinking of you all day. Glad to see that smile on your face. Lots of hugs and kisses from all of us, Sammy xxx