Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day Two of the Second Beginning of the End!

Rumour has it that most of the Drs and nureses very rarely seen an allergic reaction to Etoposide, probably 1 in 5-10 years! So I was the talk of the "what happened yesterday" convo in tea room today!

Juice-Bar was much quiter today, no drama's with any of the drugs and was out of there by 3pm.

Its probably obvious, due to the fact that I have changed drug regimen, however I don't get the fluro-orange juice any more!  Could still loose my hair, but was suggested that "thinning" might be more likely.

More interesting new about hair is that - I plucked my eyebrows this morning for the first time in 4 months! and my nana-goatie hairs are on the regrowth - apparently the massive dose of steriod I'm taking will truely kick in a big pile of testosterone, so I may have more whiskers than glenn very shortly - and alreadly searching a good waxing bar.

Day 2, of cycle 1 all done!

The high dose of dexamethasone (steriod) has already got me in fighting-mode - so this is your one and only warning - and a likely Michele "mood" for the next week or so ,,,,,, I'd be ducking and weaving if I were you ,,,, only the brave and stupid will approach (with much care and full body armour!)

I'm even getting dexamethasone eye drops ,,,,, and of course all the anti-drugs you can possibly imagine - anti-nausea, anti-dry-eye, anti-insomina and anti-constitpation !!!  Nexium for the intergestion caused by all the drugs!

Prevention drugs have been reinstated - fluconazole and bactrim DS

I haven't come home in the "happy-sunshine" mood I'm normally in, but hoping it will pass, as soon as I get my head around everything I hope.

Shorter day tomorrow (or so they say) but I've discovered that it generally will be over, when its over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your doing good Michele and a little boxing workout won't hurt anyone around you!!! Good for calorie burning.
Your a champion.

Elaine

Karen said...

ooooh steroid moody! I'm glad I'm over here in Adelaide!

Just kidding. Sounds like an interesting day that first dose!

Sic it Michele!