Thursday, October 28, 2010

Stem cell orentation done

Well chemo was again uneventful and finished in time to get to noon appointment at RNS Hospital.

Met the very nice Dr Will Stevenson and his very organised assistant Cassandra, and we have a plan for 'mobilisation of stem cells for collection' on the 1st of December.  I get connected to the "vampire" for approximately 6 hours and hope like hell that I have generated enough stem cells for collection at that time, so I don't have to go back again for another session with the "vampire"!

However I have to continue to remind myself that all this hinges on the 15th NOVEMBER PET scan and what it shows, so much weight on this scan its unbelievable! 

While we have stem cell collection plans and expect to do some radiotherapy over christmas period - our personal lives are on hold, and its so frustrating! I am continually saying to myself "one day at a time, one day at a time!"  I have never been so short-sighted in all my life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lovely, glad you got through the last few days ok. You're doing really well so hang in there ok. One day at a time is the best approach. Your choice of music is very fitting and moves me so much. Love ya heaps, Sam x