Tuesday, November 30, 2010

No room with a view

How quickly it can all disappear! Monday afternoon I found myself in ward D - strictlly no flowers and no kids allowed! In a room with 3 older gentlemen. I got a decent nights sleep last night so it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

When the day finally started moving I was off to have a ct scan, and then seconds later, no, I was off to do the stem cell harvest.

Because it was so late in the day, I only got two cycles in, and will be on the machine most of today. At that stage I had 4 canulas in me! All for different reasons ,,,, too boring to go into. Needless to say my poor arms/veins are getting a little fed up.

From the stem cell harvest, off to have a ct scan of my sinuses, where I made it very clear to the nice young nurse that if he f*cked up my canula, there be hell to pay!

From there off to the ENT dept with two nice young drs, who proceeded to sit me in their little cluttered office, and shove a scope up my nostrils. Yep, yep, all pretty good, then come over here and I leaned over their hand washing basin and was shown how to flush my nostrils with 500mls of saline solution. There's a technique that I hope I can replicate, so I don't drown myself or end up drinking most of it through a nostril (yuck).

So, I do have sinuses issues but won't need operation at this point - however I will need to stay in hospital another 7 days to be given iv antibiotics and have a scope shoved up my nose daily.

I'm not sure if Dr Will concures, therefore i'll focus on remaining calm for the harvest this morning. Stay tuned!

No comments: