Wednesday, September 14, 2011

sleeping, sleeping and more sleeping

It's hard to predict from day to day how I'm going to feel.  Today has been the first day since the transplant that I have felt I've had all my faculties about me, and I feel I'm functioning like a "well" person.  I'm sitting outside with the fresh air and ipod; catching up on all the "home administration" and phone calls that are longest overdue (if you didn't get a call ,,,,, just think there are people who have been ignored longer than you!) 

Brookie and GT have got a little cold that I'm trying to dodge.  I've opened all the windows in the house and am washing all the things Brookie has wiped her runny nose on in the last week or so.

I'm at DAY 34.  No GVHD (graft vs host disease) showing itself as yet.  I'm travelling to RNSH Mondays and Thursdays to catch up with Drs and check in.  I'm getting pretty bored turning up twice a week saying I'm doing well, no rash etc etc.  I think tomorrow they'll start playing with medication doses to bring it.  There will be no radiotherapy on my chest at this point, its apparently too difficult.  So we sit and wait ,,,,,, however something interesting has started happening ,,,,,,,,,

Since my sister's stem cells have engrafted, I have been having dreams about her - almost every night now, completely different dreams, with the same general thread - we are on holidays together, and trying to find her a gorgeous single man.  Thankfully, Babette doesn't read my blog cause she already has a boyfriend - but how weird that these dreams are occuring ,,,,,,, she has been in every dream I remember since engraftment. Spooky eh? And just for the record, I'm not doing any "test" driving.

The whole connection to my sister is weird considering I now have "her blood" pumping through my veins.  She's a scorpio (starsign) - so I can imagine when the GVHD kicks in - its gonna be one aggressive little mother - with her and I combined, cancer will have no hope! Bring it! (,,,,yes sadly I have also been watching too much of the bloody X factor.  I mostly sit there and go on about how (last year) that nut job kept getting thru (to my disgust) and finally won! Where is he now I ask you?  I'm surprised X factor has any cred at all ,,,, but I'm still addicted this year! )

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No use calling me back, my phone isnt charged :-)

Mark tried to update with your status but it was very cryptic, all a little confusing. So I am very happy to have your blog!

We are so over BRING IT, A GAME....Arrggh but we still keep watching it, we think Natalie has the best group!

Thats so interesting about your dreams!
Thinking of & love to the Thommos Knowles xox

Jennifer :: The Blissful Brush said...

Don't mess with those Keane Sisters. Singularly they're a force together they can do serious damage. LOL.

You know Mondays and Fridays I am around so if you want a cuppa and some company on short notice I'm your girl.

Still thinking of you every day blossom.

Jenn xx
PS: Nothing wrong with dreaming about single me ... were they hot??

Jennifer :: The Blissful Brush said...

No I haven't abandoned my Danny. That should have been single MEN. Hee hee.
J xx

Anonymous said...

It was so good seeing you yesterday, I've missed you. You looked great. How fascinating re the dreams! Feel free to redirect any of those gorgeous, single dream men my way! Hehe....

Cath x
PS Scorpios rock!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I love reading your blog but I miss u so will be in touch soon to arrange a visit. It's been too long. How odd about the dreams!! And yes, Cath would love u to steer the men in her direction!! Get Well wishes to GT and BT and kisses and hugs to u gorgeous lady. xxx